About the Library
To strengthen our community, the Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library provides individuals with access to information, experiences and ideas.
Library Service Responses
- Stimulate Imagination: Reading, Viewing, and listening for Pleasure
- Residents who want materials to enhance their leisure time will find what they want when and where they want them and will have the help they need to make choices from among the options.
- Satisfy Curiosity: Lifelong Learning
- Residents will have the resources they need to explore topics of personal interest and continue to learn throughout their lives.
- Be an Informed Citizen: Local, National, and World Affairs
- Residents will have the information they need to support and promote democracy, to fulfill their civic responsibilities at the local, state, and national levels, and to fully participate in community decision making.
- Connect to the Online World: Public Internet Access
- Residents will have high-speed access to the digital world with no unnecessary restrictions or fees to ensure that everyone can take advantage of the ever-growing resources and services available through the Internet.
- Visit a Comfortable Place: Physical and Virtual Spaces
- Residents will have safe and welcoming physical places to meet and interact with others or to sit quietly and read and will have open and accessible virtual spaces that support networking.
Our Core Values
- Value the individual with equal consideration and courtesy
- Deliver on our commitments and responsibilities
- Promote learning, satisfy curiosity and encourage ideas
- Provide a variety of viewpoints and free exchange of information
- Maintain a welcoming atmosphere with professional staff and quality standards
- Build partnerships based on trust and collaboration
Adopted by the Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library Board of Trustees
February 16, 2011